Friday, May 6, 2011

Walmart Ad-Matching Run + Mega Sale Info!!

So I decided to do an ad-matching run tonight. While I was there, I stopped in to speak to customer service about ad-matching the Kroger Mega Sale ad. At first, the customer service rep behind the desk told me that I could NOT ad-match the Mega Sale price because it was a "card" price. When this didn't "ring true" with me, knowing the ad-match policy as I do, I asked to speak to a manager. The girl was sweet, but clearly unsure of what the policy actually was. The assistant manager, Kyle, quickly came over and confirmed that YES, they would ad-match the Kroger Mega Sale price, but that I DID have to buy 10. I could mix and match among the Mega Sale items, just as I would at Kroger, but I had to buy 10. Since I didn't come prepared for a Mega Sale price-match, I took him at his word, and got the other things on my list. This is what I got....

Ground Chuck 3 lb. Chub @ $1.99/lb.
Final Cost: $5.97
**Ad-matched from Kroger ad. Sale ends 5/10.

3 Salad Tomatoes @ $0.77/lb.
Final Cost: $0.80 for 3
**Ad-matched from Fiesta ad. Sale ends 5/10.

2 Mother's Cookies @ $1.49 each
**Ad-matched from Fiesta ad. Sale ends 5/10.

1 Gallon Whole Milk @ $2.99
- $1 off Milk WYB 2 Mother's Cookies Tearpad found at HEB
Final Cost: $1.99
**$2.99 price ad-matched from Walgreens ad. Sale ends 5/7.

Gain Dish Soap @ $0.77
- $1/1 coupon from the P&G Everyday Savings Book
Final Cost: FREE + $0.23 overage!!
** Ad-matched from the Food Town ad. Sale ends 5/10.


1 Similac Sensitive 1 qt. Ready-to-Feed @ $3.84
- $5/1 coupon from the 4/3 SS
Final Cost: FREE + $1.16 overage

6 Frigo Cheese Stick Singles @ $0.33 each
- 6) .50/1 coupons from the 4/17 SS
Final Cost: 6 FREE + $1.02 overage!


Paid $9.33 for everything in the picture.

2 comments:

  1. bonus** a saving on time and gas. way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I'm loving ad-matching! Still haven't tried the Kroger Mega Sale ad yet, though. I did talk to a manager about it and they said I could, but just haven't had much time for shopping lately. We're redoing our floors! Eeek! Chaos! LOL

    ReplyDelete