Sunday, May 15, 2011

Walgreens Run -- Rolling my RR's!!

Weird Walgreens trip today. I'd had $12 in Register Rewards that were expiring today, so I had my trip planned out and knew EXACTLY how much I should've spent. Unfortunately, things did not go as planned at the register and I had to think on the fly. I'd planned to run the Gillette Body Wash and Deodorant deal, but didn't realize the deodorants were on sale Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. So the cashier typed in my deodorant BOGO coupons at full price, but the WAGS discount sent my total far below the $12 I needed to spend. Unfortunately for me, I HAD NO IDEA what was going on -- I just figured I'd done my math wrong. In a last ditch effort to bring my total up, I ran over and grabbed 2 of the Softsoap Body Washes. That was the only deal I could think of that didn't require coupons. Here's what I got....

Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor System @ $9.89
- $4/1 coupon from the 5/1 PG
- $5 RR received
Final Cost: $0.89!

3 Gillette Body Washes 16 oz @ 3 for $10
3 Gillette Deodorants 4 oz @ $4.99 each (BOGO 50% Off Sale)
- 3) Buy Body Wash get Deodorant FREE coupons 5/1 PG (-$4.99 ea.)
- 3) $2/1 Gillette Body Wash coupons from the 5/15 RP
- $2.50 for 50% off Deodorant
- $1.67 for 50% off Body Wash (???)
- $3 RR received WYB 3 Gillette Body Washes
Final Cost: All 6 items FREE + $3.17 moneymaker!
**This deal was VERY confusing. I didn't even figure out what went wrong until I got home and looked over my receipt more closely. Had I caught this in the store, I would've corrected the cashier and had her adjust the BOGO coupons.

Walgreens 72 ct. Paper Plates @ $0.99 with in-ad coupon
**Filler Item.

Skittles @ $0.39
**Filler Item. Not pictured.

2 Softsoap Body Washes 15-18 oz @ 2 for $6
- $4 RR received WYB 2
Final Cost: $1 each!

I'd originally purchased 2 other $0.39 candies as fillers, but had the cashier remove those once I added the Softsoap Body Washes to my transaction. Paid $12 in previous Register Rewards and $1.10 OOP. Got back $12 in new Register Rewards.

So for all the confusion over that Gillette deal, I got everything in the picture -- plus a pack of Skittles which my daughter promptly scarfed down in the car -- for just $1.10!! And my Register Rewards are rolled safely ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment