Monday, May 16, 2011

H-E-B'S GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

So you guys remember the problem I had with the Coffee-Mate Creamer deal at HEB, right? HEB had their Coffee-Mate Liquid Creamers on sale Buy 2 get 1 FREE with in-store coupon. So I'd tried to buy 3, use 2 FREE coupons I'd received in the mail, and the Yellow In-store coupon for a 3rd one FREE. Needless to say, this ended up being a pain. The coupon wouldn't validate, the cashiers and customer service reps didn't know why it wasn't working, the line was long, my ice cream was melting, etc. In the end, I left the store with only the 2 FREE Coffee-Mates, but emailed HEB headquarters the next day to report the issue.

Several days later, I received a personal email from a local store manager, explaining that she wanted to make the situation right with me. I was thrilled! So I went to the store today to collect the FREE Coffee-Mate I'd been offered and spoke to the manager there, only to find I'd been having email conversations with the manager at ANOTHER store. Still, he let me explain the situation and then promptly marched me back to the creamer aisle and let me choose TWO FREE CREAMERS for my trouble. I tried telling him that one was plenty, but he insisted, and was so very nice -- smiles the entire time. He said he wanted his HEB customers to be happy. And I certainly was!! This is how you earn customer loyalty, folks! So I'll be sending another email to headquarters to let them know how wonderfully I was treated. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my HEB store!

I bought a large amount of meat today too, but here's what I got with coupons...

2 Coffee-Mate Creamers 16 oz. @ $0.00 each!!
Final Cost: 2 FREE!!
**Thanks, HEB!!

2 KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauces @ $1 each
- $1/1 coupons from the 5/15 SS
Final Cost: 2 FREE!!

2 Lunchable Sub Sandwich Kits 3.7 oz @ $1.38 each
- $1/2 peelies found on package
Final Cost: $0.88 each

1 Nescafe Tasters Choice 7 ct. @ $1
- $1/1 coupon found inside package
Final Cost: FREE!!
**Looks like I need to check all the packages I've bought recently. Coupon was found inside a package bought this month, but expires August 2011. Seems they put these coupons in packages that expire Sept. 2011 or earlier. Anyone that regularly reads this blog knows I'm obsessed with these.

Similac Sensitive 1 Qt. Ready to Feed @ $3.84
- $5/1 coupon from the 4/3 SS
Final Cost: FREE + $1.16 overage

Final total for everything in the picture -- just $0.60!! But I also bought $20 dollars worth of meat. When you value your customers, and show how much you appreciate them, it makes them WANT to spend money in your stores. Kroger should take notes!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm going to share your experience with my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loving HEB today, Avery! With all the bad customer service we've been receiving from Kroger lately, it's nice to know that some stores still care about their customer's happiness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the date of your coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which location was that? I would love to give a shout-out to it. Its so good to hear your story. Something positive for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will make grocery at that HEB and let the manager know its because of the treatment he gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avery -- I already threw away the package that I found the $1 coupon inside. But I remember looking at the expiration date and it was August 2011. Not sure where I bought them because I've bought quite a few this last month - either Walgreens, CVS, or HEB. The HEB store was #37/492 at 1550 Fry Rd. in Houston, TX. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok tks, I will make it a point to shop there.

    ReplyDelete