Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brookshire Brothers = Unlimited Doubles/Triples!

So I made a visit to my local Brookshire Brother's store in Katy yesterday to pick up some of their sale items. And while I was there, I decided to stop and speak with the store manager regarding their double/triple coupon program. I specifically wanted to know how many "like" coupons they would double or triple. And much to my surprise and excitement, the manager explained that there was NO limit! Obviously, they still reserve the right to limit quantities (in order to prevent shelf-clearing) but I found this to be VERY exciting news! One thing I've always hated about both Kroger and Randalls is their limit on "like" coupons, which usually means I have to do several trips or several transactions. Total pain!

I also got a little more information regarding their green bag program. You'll receive $0.05 per reusable bag used, but you have to spend at least $20 (pre-coupon) to take advantage! Just something to keep in mind.

Here's what I got while shopping...


6 Dole Canned Pineapples 20 oz. @ $0.88 each
- 3) .50/2 coupon from the 4/10 SS (doubled to $1 each!)
Final Cost: $0.38 each WYB 2


5 Wesson Vegetable Oils 48 oz @ $2.00 each

- 5) .40/1 coupon from the 4/3 SS (doubled to $0.80 each!)
Final Cost: $1.20


Paid a total of $8.28 OOP. But considering I've been paying around $2.47 for store brand cooking oil lately, I figure I saved nearly $9 on the cooking oil alone! I might even go back later this week to grab a few more. When a good price comes along, guys, you gotta grab it!!

P.S. That picture looks like a whole lotta Pineapple Upside-Down Cake to me!! LOL And I have to apologize for all the "cloudy" photos lately. I was wondering why they were coming out like that, then I realized today that my 2 year-old's grubby fingerprints were all over the lens! Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment