Wednesday, March 16, 2011

CVS Sunday Run -- $9.06 Profit!!

Interesting trip to CVS this week. First, let me preface this post by saying I LOVE CVS! They never hassle me about my coupons -- they even send me coupons for FREE stuff! It's freebies like these, and the friendly and respectful treatment I receive in their stores, that has earned my affection. Even when a coupon is politely refused, I still love them, because they're polite!

So I was a little appalled this week standing in line behind a family trying to redeem the "Free soft drink or candy" coupon that was offered on the CVS facebook page last week. Apparently, the coupon was ONLY working on the specific items printed on the coupons, and this was greatly frustrating the couple trying to redeem it. Unfortunately, they were very rude and huffy with both the cashier and the manager, who still tried to remain as professional, kind, and generous as they could be. Distasteful.

Seriously, folks, I can't understand the lack of gratitude and culture of entitlement we seem to reside in these days. If CVS wants to give me a free Pepsi, instead of a free Diet Pepsi, how can I possibly complain? They didn't have to give me anything at all -- so I was happy to take whatever they wanted to let me leave the store with! I certainly know there's a flip side to this situation, in which cashiers and managers are rude to couponers, even when it's unjustified. But this wasn't the case in this situation. When someone gives you something for FREE, the appropriate response is "thank you." Respect and kindness is a two-way street. And the customer, obviously, isn't always right.

This isn't really a rant. I just think it's important to comment on incidents like this -- the Golden Rule needs a serious revival. Anyway, here's what I got...

20 oz. Pepsi Soft Drink @ $1.59
- FREE CVS facebook coupon (deducted $2!!)
Final Cost: FREE + $0.41 moneymaker!!
** I honestly didn't even realize that the full value of the coupon came off until I started writing this post. Just one more reason for me to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my CVS!

2 Herbal Essence Stylers @ 2 for $5.97
- BOGO coupon from the 3/13 SS (deducted $3.23?), PLUS
- $1/1 coupon from the P&G Everyday Savings book
- $2 ECB received for buying 2 (limit 1)
Final Cost: Both FREE + $0.26 moneymaker!

Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste 4 oz @ $3.49
- $1/1 coupon from the P&G Everyday Savings book
- $2.50 ECB received (limit 2)
Final Cost: FREE!

Tena Ultra Thins Heavy Protection Pads 32 ct @ $9.99
- $2.50/1 IP coupon
- $9.99 ECB received (limit 1)
Final Cost: FREE + $2.50 moneymaker!
**Donating these!

Ducolax Balance 14 doses @ $4.99
- $5/1 CVS homemailer coupon, PLUS
- $1/1 coupon from the 3/13 SS
Final Cost: FREE + $1.01 moneymaker!
**There are higher value coupons available for this product, which apparently go through without question, but I didn't want to push my luck.

Used a $5 off $25 purchase CVS email coupon and paid $4.54 in previous ECB's + $0.89 OOP. Got back $14.49 in new ECB's. So I got everything in the picture for FREE + $9.06 profit! Thank you, CVS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment