Thursday, January 13, 2011

Randall's Run for $0.99 Juice + Free Always Liners

There's a pretty decent deal on juice at Randall's this week, and since our stockpile has dwindled down to ZERO, I thought I'd take advantage and stock up. While I was there, I also found a Gordita Dinner Kit on clearance for a pretty good price.

And that's a great tip for those of you who might just be starting out. Whenever you visit Randall's, get familiar with their clearance sections. They usually have a large display either in the back of the store or at the front for dry goods. They'll also have a small section in a refrigerated bin near the dairy section for things like milk, cheese, and yogurt. And they'll typically dedicate one freezer end cap at the back of the store for frozen foods on clearance. Pair these clearance prices with coupons for even better deals!

Here's what I got today!

Buy 4 Save $4 Juice Savings Jamboree!!
4 Welch's 100% Grape Juice 64 oz. @ $2.99 each
- 4) $1/1 coupons from the 12/12 SS
- $4 for promotion (must buy 4!)
Final Cost: $3.96 or $0.99 each!!

2 Always Liners 20 ct. @ $0.99 each (sale price)
- 2) $1/1 Home Mailer coupons (came with free samples)
Final Cost: 2 FREE + $0.02 overage!!

Old El Paso Gordita Kit @ $2.69
- $1.35 for 50% clearance discount
Final Cost: $1.34

4 Zucchini Squash @ $1 per lb.
Final Cost: $0.99

2 Green Bell Peppers @ 2 for $1
Final Cost: $1.00

I paid with the $3 catalina I earned last week from buying fruit snacks and the rest out of pocket (around $4). This wasn't one of those "WOW" trips, but they can't all be! It's important to remember that getting the items you NEED at a price you're willing to pay is far more important than getting a whole bunch of things for FREE that you don't want or need. And between the zucchini, bell peppers, and Old El Paso Gordita Kit -- paired with some chicken I already have in the freezer -- I'll have two dinners this week for pretty cheap! So I'm happy with that.
Mmmm... Kung Pao chicken!! Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. wtg girly!! Man I cant wait till this weekend. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a Randalls. Do you have save-a-lot stores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how your Rite Aid trip goes, Kalli! I'm so jealous -- wish we had one of those here.

    Mia -- We have a Save-a-Lot, but it's pretty far from my house. Probably worth the trip, but only if I was going to get a lot of stuff FREE. Do you have Safeway or other Safeway affiliate? Vons, Tom Thumb, Dominicks? They usually run the same deals as Randalls, since they're owned by the same company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia -- I found a blog that does Save-A-Lot deals.

    http://moneysavingmom.com/store_deals/category/save-a-lot

    Also, if you sign up for the Smart Shopper club, you can get a $5 off $25 purchase coupon. Just go to the savealot.com website.

    Hope that helps you! :D

    ReplyDelete