Friday, January 21, 2011

Quaker Instant Oatmeal only $0.25 each -- Randall's Clearance!

By now you know I'm a huge fan of Randall's clearance. I always check the clearance section when I'm in the store just to see what might be up for grabs. So I was in the store today to pick up the new "Joy of Football" coupon book. As usual, I checked the clearance section and look what I found! Quaker Instant Oatmeal Hearty Medley's in Banana Nut flavor! These are on sale this week 2 for $5 -- so just $1.25 after clearance. Pair that with the $1/1 coupon we got in the 1/2 RP and we're talkin' cheap oatmeal! Here's what I got...

5 Quaker Instant Oatmeal 10 pk @ $2.50 each
- 5) $1/1 coupons from the 1/2 RP
- $6.25 ($1.25 each) for 50% off clearance stickers
Final Cost: $0.25 each!

Our toddler eats oatmeal religiously every morning for breakfast, so these will definitely come in handy. Unfortunately, some of the "Best by" dates are coming up in February (hence the clearance price), so most of these are headed to the freezer until I'm ready to use them. Yes, you can freeze uncooked oats! And they taste just as fresh as the day they were stored. :D

2 comments:

  1. lucky duck!!!

    Rly? I did not know you could freeze dry oats!! Interesting! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. There's LOTS of stuff you can freeze, actually. So if you find a good clearance deal that's coming up on expiration/sell by date, consider if you can freeze it! :D

    ReplyDelete