Friday, January 7, 2011

Kroger Trip for Special K and Old Spice!!

Yah!! I finally took my Special K Bogo coupon down to Kroger tonight and did even better than expected! Special K cereal is supposed to be on sale for $1.99 each after the Buy 4 Save $4 promotion, but for some reason, each box rang up $2.78 each ($1.78 after promotion) so I ended up getting 4 boxes for just $0.16 TOTAL!! I also scored a pretty decent moneymaker on Old Spice products. Here's what I got...

Boneless pork chops @ $3.78
Boneless pork chops @ $3.58
Round Steak @ $3.87
- $2 off $10 Kroger Thanksgiving Home Mailer coupon
Final Cost: $9.23 for 3 packages of meat

4 Boxes Special K Cereal 12 oz. @ $2.78 each
- 2)
BOGO IP's (-$5.56)
- 2) .70/1 IP coupons (for the 2 you're paying for)
- $4 for the Buy 4 save $4 promotion
Final Cost: 4 boxes for $0.16 Total or $0.04 each!!

3 Yakisoba Noodles @ $0.88 each
- 3) .50/1 coupons from the 1/2 SS (tripled to $0.88 each)

Final Cost: 3 FREE!

** We decided we don't really care for these but the kids are putting together a donation box for our local food pantry. These will make a good addition. :D

No Yolks Noodles @ $1.39
- .50/1 coupon from the 10/10 SS (doubled to $1)
- .40 Upromise ecoupon
Final Cost: FREE + $0.01 moneymaker!
**Upromise coupons don't come off at checkout but will be added to your Upromise account.

P&G Stock up and Save - Buy 4 Save $4 Promotion!
4 Old Spice Deoderants @ $1.99 each
4 Old Spice Body Washes @ $3.50 each
- 4) FREE Body Wash wyb Deoderant coupons 12/26 P&G (-14)
- 2) $1/2 Deoderant coupons 12/26 P&G
- $8 for promotion ($4 x 2 for buying 8 products)
Final Cost: FREE + $2.04 overage towards other groceries!!

So I basically got everything in the picture for just $7.34!

8 comments:

  1. wowza!!! Great job!!! Man I am so jealous of all you guys that have Kroger stores!!! As far as I know I dont have one near me.... *tear

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention the old spice.... My son loves old spice so I really wished I could gotten in on that deal. I will have to wait till next time. Great buy girly!! >>>High five<<<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was super happy with that cereal price!! And I'm doing my freezer cooking today, so smothered pork chops in the crockpot!! Woohoo!! Not sure what I'll do with the round steak yet, but it was a good price. What stores do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were gonna be doing some deals and I've been waiting...You rocked it !!! I don't have a Kroger :( Whatever !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is freezer cooking? I seen this mentioned b4. I need to swagbuck search this lol. As far as stores I have; safeway of course. Savemart ( which is who bought all the albertsons that I miss dearly. Savemart is rediculous in price) then there is food 4 less ( I looked this up and I think it's owned by kroger but wasn't very clear ) food maxx, winco ( is about an hour away) along with super walmart and super target but only would travel if I was going to buy a ton. Not a huge fan of food 4 less. They seem expensive for a discount store. I honestly have only been shopping at Costco and we all know how expensive that is but it last longer. I only buy bare min there to survive. Sucks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had a Kroger. I do pretty good at Publix, and I found out the other day that our Piggly Wiggly doubles coupons up to 75 cents! Most everyone else only doubles up to 50 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. shespecial - I'm lucky to have a good selection of stores in my area. I wish I had a Rite-Aid, though. I hate seeing moneymaker deals there! LOL

    Kali - I'm trying to learn how to do Once a Month Freezer cooking (where you cook or prepare a month's worth of food all in one day) but I'm still not there yet. Basically, it's just cooking large batches of foods that you can freeze into individual nightly meals. Like making a HUGE pot of chili and then seperating it into 3 or 4 different bags for meals at a later date. Safeway used to be my favorite store before they stopped letting us stack ecoupons with paper ones. :(

    Miasafoodie -- Doubles up to $0.75!! Wow -- that's lucky! No one around here doubles over $0.50.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I knew that lol. Jk. That's awsome! I should totally try that. I hate trying to think of what to make that night for dinner. I could do some freezer cooking and have more options. Ty. Going to look up some recipes now lol.

    ReplyDelete