Friday, January 28, 2011

Kroger Run for Mega, Old El Paso, + MORE!!

My love of a great Kroger Mega sale is akin to my love for CVS. I'm leaving for Austin this afternoon to spend the weekend with my sister and take the kids to my niece's birthday party, but I couldn't resist one last shopping trip before I go to snag some awesome Mega deals. Also, I'd hoped to get a few cheapies to take to my sister since she doesn't have a Kroger store (poor thing!) Unfortunately, the first store I went to was out of stock on the Kraft Cheese singles, something I'd hoped to get for Jennifer, so decided to pick up some more of the clearance Coffee-Mate before they were all out, and head to another store. I bought the Coffee-Mate in two transactions because there's a catalina that prints when you buy 4 or more. Here's what I got at the first store...

Store #1, Transaction #1

4 Seasonal Coffee-Mate 16 oz. @ $1.04 each
(clearance price)

- $1/4 CRT coupon (printed after a previous Coffee-Mate purchase)
- $3 OYNSO received for buying 4 or more
Final Cost: $0.04 each!!

**These are going to my sister!!

3 Yakisoba Noodles @ $0.88 each
- 3) .50/1 coupons from the 1/2 SS (doubled to $0.88 each)
Final Cost: 3 FREE!!

Paid: $3.16 OOP
Got Back: $3 OYNSO for buying 4 or more Coffee-Mates
Final Cost for Transaction: $0.16

Store #1, Transaction #2

4 Seasonal Coffee-Mate 16 oz. @ $1.04 each
(clearance price)

- $1/4 CRT coupon (printed after a previous Coffee-Mate purchase)
- $3 OYNSO received for buying 4 or more
Final Cost: $0.04 each!!


3 Yakisoba Noodles @ $0.88 each
- 3) .50/1 coupons from the 1/2 SS (doubled to $0.88 each)
Final Cost: 3 FREE!!

Paid: $3.16 OOP
Got Back: $3 OYNSO for buying 4 or more Coffee-Mates
Final Cost for Transaction: $0.16


Then I headed to another Kroger to score my Mega deals and to test a new catalina offer on Old El Paso products -- turned out to be a small moneymaker! I'll probably write about that one in a seperate post. Again, I bought my items in 2 seperate transactions because I wanted to roll the catalina I was going to earn in the first one to pay for my meat. Here's what I got...

Store #2, Transaction #1

10 Item Mega Event: Save $5 at checkout when you purchase 10 Participating Items. Must buy in sets of 10. Prices shown reflect discount at register.

2 Bar-S Bun Length Franks @ $0.88 each
- 2) $1/1
IP coupons
Final Cost: 2 FREE + $0.24 overage!!

10 Kraft 2% Singles 16ct @ $0.99 each
- 2) $1/1 IP coupons
- 8) .75/1 coupons from the 1/9 SS
Final Cost: 2 FREE and 8 for $0.24 each!!

**I wouldn't normally buy so many in one transaction, but my sister wanted 4 of them and I wanted to get 6 for us. Thankfully this store was extremely well-stocked, unlike the first store I went to.

3 Reach Toothbrushes @ $1 each
- 3) $1/1 coupons from the 10/10 RP
- $2 Kroger ecoupon (WHAT??)
Final Cost: 3 FREE + $2 overage!!

** Not sure why the ecoupon came off. Kroger's coupon policy is to NOT stack paper and electronic coupons.

4 Del Monte Canned Vegetables @ $0.32 LIMIT 20
- $1/4 coupon found inside a package of Dole peach bowls
Final Cost: $0.07 each!!

3 Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes @ $0.42 each
- $1/3 Kroger eCoupon
Final Price: 3 for $0.26 Total! (around $0.09 each!)


2 Krusteax Pancake Mix @ $1.49 each
- 2) .50/1 coupons from the 1/30 SS (doubled to $1 each)
Final Price: $0.49 each!!

6 Pace Picante Salsas @ $1.22 each
- 3) .50/2 coupons from the 12/5 SS (doubled to $1 each)
Final Cost: $0.72 each!!



Non-Mega Items

3 Yakisoba Noodles @ $0.88 each
- 3) .50/1 coupons from the 1/2 SS (doubled to $0.88 each)
Final Cost: 3 FREE!!

Yoplait Yogurt @ $0.50
- FREE Yoplait Yogurt Cup Mailer Coupon
Final Cost: FREE!!


6 Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mixes @ $0.80 each
- 2) .60/2 IP coupons
- 2) Buy 2, Get 1 FREE peelies (found on taco shells)
- .50/1 Shortcuts ecoupon
- $3 OYNSO received wyb 5 or more Old El Paso products
Final Cost: 6 FREE + $1.50 moneymaker!!

** Not sure why the shortcuts coupon came off. Kroger's coupon policy is to NOT stack paper and electronic coupons.

Paid: (TWO) $3 Catalinas from Coffee-Mate + $1.10 OOP
Got Back: $3 OYNSO for buying 5 or more Old El Paso products
Final Cost for Transaction: $4.10


Store #2, Transaction #2

Chicken Leg Quarters 3.62 lbs. @ $0.69/lb.
Final Cost: $2.50

Chicken Leg Quarters 3.23 lbs. @ $0.69/lb
Final Cost: $2.23

Pork Shoulder Western Style Ribs 3.16 lbs. @ $1.29/lb
Final Cost: $4.08

Assorted Pork Chops 3.42 lbs. @ $1.47/lb
Final Cost: $5.03

Paid: $9 in previous Catalinas (Coffee-Mate, Old El Paso) + $4.84 OOP
Final Cost for Transaction: $13.84

So I got everything in the picture (including 4 packages of meat + 54 other items) for just $18.10! That's an average of $0.31 per item -- even for the meat!! Without the meat, my total would have been just $4.26!! :D

4 comments:

  1. OK I am balling after reading this post! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sorry! I wish you had been couponing a few months back when we could stack ecoupons with paper coupons at Randall's. That used to be my favorite store because if you bought something that you had several ecoupons for, ALL the ecoupons would come off. I used to get so many moneymakers. *sigh* Rumor is if you buy something at Randalls and DON'T use a paper coupon, ALL your ecoupons for that item will still come off, but I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its ok! LOL I have searched and searched for a Randalls , kroger,or any others in the same chain around my area......NOTHING!!! Blah! I need to MOVE!! HAHAHAHAHA

    Man that woukd be sooo cool!! I am going to shop at a reg grocery store sometime this week ( usually shop at costco) and I am going to "test" out this store.... I think it might have potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your local grocery store puts out a weekly ad, you can do the matchups yourself. It's not the easiest thing to do (we'd all rather just read someone else's matchups - LOL) but if you look through the ad, just circle the items you feel are a "decent price" even before coupons. Then use a coupon database (like the one found at hotcouponworld or afullcup) and type in the name of the product you think you might buy. This will tell you if there's a coupon for it and where to find it. You'll then be able to see if the price is even better and worth buying!

    You can also ask at customer service for a copy of their coupon policy, if they double or triple coupons, etc. They should be able to explain better.

    ReplyDelete