Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brookshire Brother's Run 11/20

OK, so Brookshire Brothers turned out to be a "hit-and-miss" type of trip today. It was a HIT because I scored some awesome FREE veggies and a good deal on sodas. Plus, I later realized there's even a better deal to be had on sodas for a future trip! It was a miss, however, because I misunderstood the "fine print" in the sale ad and had to haggle with the manager to get my savings. Argh!

Here's what I learned. When an item requires an additional $10 purchase, you can't include the cost of another item (or items) that also require a $10 additional purchase. That $10 additional must come from items that don't share this requirement. Since both the Libby's vegetables and Coke 12 pks required an additional $10 purchase, the cost of one deal could not be counted towards the other, so I would've needed to buy $10 worth of items without that particular requirement. Additionally, the $10 purchase requirement excludes sale priced items -- which ruins it for me since I generally ONLY shop from the sale ad. Pay full price?
I think not!!

In the end, I received the savings. Thankfully the baby decided to fuss at the perfect time and I think they were more eager to get rid of me than they were to have me return all my items and take my coupons elsewhere. But I think I'll just price match at Walmart next time. Lesson learned!! Here's what I got...

12 Libby's Green Beans, Corn, or Peas @ 3 for $1
(Limit 12 with $10 additional purchase)

- 4) $1/3 coupon from the 8/29 Parade or 8/29 RP
Final Cost: 12 FREE!!

4 Coca-Cola Brand 12 pks @ 4 for $10
(Limit 4 with $10 additional purchase)

- $2/2 Fanta, Nestea, Barq's, Pibb Xtra, Mello Yello, Vault and/or Fresca 12 pk Peelie
Final Cost: $2 each

Progresso 32 oz. Chicken Broth @ $1.50
- $1/1 coupon from the Randall's Thanksgiving Coupon booklet
Final Cost: $0.50

French's French Fried Onions 6 oz. @ $2.78
- .50/1 IP or 11/7 SS (doubled to $1)
Final Cost: $1.78

TOTAL OOP: $10.28

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can find the $2/2 peelies for the sodas, you can score an even better deal... Here's how you might run it...

Coca-Cola Brand 12 pks 4 for $10
(Limit 4 with $10 additional purchase)

Buy 1 Fanta 12 pk @ $2.50
Buy 1 Pibb Extra 12 pk @ $2.50
Buy 1 Barq's 12 pk @ $2.50
Buy 1 Fresca 12 pk @ $2.50
Total $10
- 2) $2/2 Fanta, Nestea, Barq's, Pibb Xtra, Mello Yello, Vault and/or Fresca 12 pk Peelies found on 12 pk. boxes (will deduct $4)
Final Cost: $6 or $1.50 per 12 pk.

No comments:

Post a Comment