Saturday, September 18, 2010

Target Clearance Find: Intex Pool Light

Last Spring, we bought our first above-ground Intex pool. It wasn't exactly a frugal purchase. We spent a good deal of money on it (and we've been spending even more on chemicals, filters, accessories, etc. ever since!) but with 5 kids in the house -- two toddlers included -- I figured it would be easier to take them all to the backyard, rather than piling them into the car everyday to tote them down to the neighborhood pool. And it's been nice, actually. We've enjoyed it. And if we can manage to close it at the end of this month, store it "carefully" for the winter, and use it again next year, it might even be worth the money we spent on it.

Anyway, at the beginning of the Summer, I'd wanted to buy a pool light for it. These cost close to $50 but I really wanted one. But after ordering a $50 Walmart gift card from my ThankYou points account, I chickened out, and used the gift card on groceries instead. It just didn't seem worth the money.

So imagine my glee when I found these lights on clearance at Target yesterday!! They were priced at only $12.48!! I've already checked Ebay prices and these are still selling quite well, so if you're an Ebay seller, it might even be worth picking up a few for resale (particularly if you hold them until next Summer). But as for me, I'm just looking forward to my first "on-the-cheap" late night swim!! Happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment