Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kroger Run 9/5

Here's something I didn't know. Kroger apparently doesn't allow for overage when double/tripling coupons. I assumed coupons up to .50 would double and up to .35 would triple regardless of the sale price. But if the sale price is lower than the doubled or tripled value of the coupon, the coupon automatically adjusts down to the price of the item. So you still get it FREE but no overage. I'm not sure if this is the case with full price coupons -- say a $1 coupon on an item that costs 95 cents. Would you get the 5 cent overage? Not sure. I guess I never paid close enough attention, but I will from now on.

Anyway... here's how my coupons shook out....

2 Ball Park Franks @ $1.25 each (4 for $5 sale - don't have to buy 4)
- .75/2 Kroger ecoupon
- .75/2 any Ball Park Product from the 8/1 RP
Final Cost: $0.50 each!!

2 Martha White Muffin Mixes @ $0.99 each
- 2) $0.35/1 IP (90210 zip code) (tripled to $0.99 each!)
Final Cost: 2 FREE!!

Maruchan Yakisoba @ $0.88
- $0.50/1 from the 8/29 SS (doubled to $0.88)
Final Cost: FREE!!

My Asian hubby will be especially excited about the free Yakisobas. I'll have to gather more coupons and head back later this week. Randall's apparently has them on sale for $1 as well, but they'll only double/triple one like coupon. Krogers doubles/triples 3.

3 comments:

  1. A coupon for .95 on a $1 item will beep at Kroger and they will either override for the full amount, allowing for overage, or adjust down manually. Only 3 ways to get overage with double/triple q's at kroger:
    1. Beeping coupon being overrode
    2. Combining with a loadable
    3. During a mega deal when it takes off x wyb y number of items

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, thanks for the info on the Martha White coupon, I missed that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stephanie. I'm still learning all this stuff as I go. And you're welcome for the Martha White coupon tip -- I was excited when I saw that one. :D

    ReplyDelete