Friday, September 24, 2010

Investing for Dummies??

I just opened our very first ING ShareBuilder account. Jitters, people! Investing is beyond spooky to me. I've always been a no-risk type of girl. I'm Frugal Darling and Frugal Darling does not play with money! High interest savings accounts, CD's -- these are familiar and safe! But investing? Stocks? Shares? Mutual Funds? Portfolios? My first deposit hasn't even cleared yet and I'm already confused (and terrified).

Like everything else, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I'll research it over the next few days, maybe read a few blogs, find tools to help me "practice" choosing stocks. And if nothing else, at least I'll gain some experience without the worry of a big loss.

Plus, for a limited time, ShareBuilder is offering a promotion in which you open a new account with promotional code
50SEPT, deposit $50 or more before 9/30/10, and receive a $50 bonus into your account within 45 days. That's a 100% return on investment and hard to pass up, especially since I've been eyeing this program for a few years but never had the courage to sign up.

In the meantime, if anyone out there has any tips or advice, comment away!! Are you currently with ShareBuilder? How do you choose what companies to invest in? I honestly have no idea where to start -- but I'm jumping in!! Wish me luck or throw me a life-vest... whichever you think is best. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment